- WHAT IS A BIG CLEANUP COORDINATOR?
The Big Cleanup Coordinator is a person who coordinates and is responsible for the Big Cleanup in the whole administrative territory in his/her parish/republican city.
- WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES IF I AM A CLEANUP COORDINATOR?
- Identify cleanup sites in your municipality – the “Contaminated Sites” map can be helpful.
- Invite local governments/administrations, educational institutions, companies, organisations, as well as volunteer enthusiasts to participate in the Big Cleanup and register their cleanup sites on the Cleanup website www.talkas.lv, in the section “Register your cleanup!”;
- Advise and coordinate the tasks of the Responsible Persons for organisation of the work;
- Distribute posters about the cleanup sites throughout the administrative territory of my municipality. Posters can be obtained from the organisers of the Big Cleanup, as well as they are available electronically on the website, in the section ” Cleanup Idea”
- Distribute waste bags to the Responsible Persons (the bags will be delivered in cooperation with the international cargo transportation company DHL Latvija);
- BE IN TOUCH ON THE CLEANUP DAY;
- After the cleanup, collect information from Responsible Persons about the waste remained on site;
- Ensure the collection and removal of waste collected during the Cleanup throughout the administrative territory of the municipality. Also this year, the local government is responsible for the removal of waste collected during the Big Cleanup. If the collected waste is located in the territory of Latvian State Forests or Latvian State Roads, please agree on the collection of this waste in person with the relevant agency (contacts can be found on the website www.talkas.lv, in the section “Contacts“). Before disposing of waste at landfills, please contact the relevant landfill operator in your region;
- WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD I PROVIDE TO THE CLEANUP RESPONSIBLE PERSONS?
- In which areas it is better to clean up;
- Where to leave the bags with the waste, or where the containers will be placed, and when they will be collected.
- HOW TO DISTRIBUTE POSTERS ABOUT CLEANUP SITE LOCATIONS IN MY MUNICIPALITY?
- Posters should be supplemented with information about cleanup sites;
- Should be placed in public places;
- Should be distributed to the Responsible Persons for placement in the territories of the institutions/companies they represent;
- Posters can also be sent electronically by e-mail.