The Big Clean-up Contest “Latvia TO BE Green!”
Latvia certainly has its own unique place on the world map. We have four seasons. We have a sea. We have good drinking water. Our biological diversity is protected. We – all, who lives in Latvia and all of those, who loves Latvia, we could be proud of that we are living here. And so our values should be demonstrated to the rest of the world. We could be unique because we are wealthy, beautiful, healthy and rich, because we will be able to create our today and our future in a harmonious and nature-friendly way. We have strong connection with nature, between ourselves and with the whole world. We have to create a new platform of thinking and doing, to unite all of those, who believe that the future, wealth and new breakthrough of Latvia could be grounded on science, innovation, health and nature tourism, eco-products etc.
- To promote Latvia as the greenest country in the world
- To create new international image of Latvia
- To create a new attitude breakthrough, positioned on the newest worldwide tendencies – ecology, digitalization, science, healthcare, education, production and agriculture with lesser possible negative effect on the environment
- To lead and inspire people all over the world to take care of the environment
To create a video on a topic – how to tell a story about Latvia – the greenest country in the world, to others?
Any Latvian subject may participate – also those, who are living outside Latvia and those, who are citizens of other countries, who are inspired with the idea of Latvia being the greenest country in the world.
Contest task implementation time:
March 22 – June 30, 2017.
Additional details of the contest task:
- Duration of video – 1-3 minutes (minimal duration – 1 minute, maximum duration – 3 minutes).
The following keywords should be mentioned in video: Latvia, green, magnetic, destination, welcome.
- Participant from each country could create it in his native language, no obligation to make it in Latvian, but English subtitles are necessary. Visual message is important.
- It is advisable to upload video on youtube.com and send us a link to it. After the end of the contest you are PROHIBITED to delete the video.
- Organizers of the contest the Footprint Project (“Projekts Pēdas”) reserves the right to use the idea and content of the video for the future activities, informing the author/s thereabout.
- The most interesting videos will be uploaded on the home page of Big Clean-up talkas.lv together with the winner after the end of the contest.
10 best videos will be chosen and evaluated by the judge commission of 5 members.
Contest results will be announced within the frames of the conference, held by the European Latvian Society in July, 2017.
Authors of the videos will be awarded with cash prizes to visit Latvia and enjoy the green amenities of nature.
1st place – in amount of 2000 EUR;
2nd place – in amount of 1000 EUR;
3rd place – in amount of 500 EUR.
*Please contact contest organizers on an individual basis about the way to receive the prize (fee for plane tickets, hotel etc.)
Detailed information about the contest: