For area/city coordinators
1. Who is the Coordinator of the Big Cleanup?
The Cleanup Coordinator is the person who coordinates and is responsible for the process of the Big Cleanup in the whole administrative territory.
2. What are my duties if I am the Coordinator?
1. To get to know cleanup sites at the territory of your municipality – the map of the “Polluted places” can be useful.
2. To invite municipality, education institutions, companies, organizations, as well as volunteers to participate at the Big Cleanup and register their cleanup sites at the website of the Big Cleanup: www.talkas.lv, section "Register your cleanup site!".
3. To consult and coordinate applications on organization of a cleanup submitted by the Site Leaders.
4. To distribute posters informing about cleanup sites in the WHOLE administrative territory of your municipality. Posters are available at the organizers of the Big Cleanup, as well as electronically at www.talkas.lv, in section “Cleanup idea”.
5. To distribute waste bags to Site Leaders (bags will be supplied in cooperation with the international cargo transporting company DHL Latvija).
6. TO BE REACHABLE WIA PHONE ON THE DAY OF THE BIG CLEANUP!
7. After the cleanup receive information provided by Site leaders about the places where the bags have been left.
8. To ensure collection and transportation of the waste collected during the Big Cleanup in the WHOLE administrative territory of the municipality. Similarly as in the previous cleanups waste collected during the Big Cleanup will be accepted free of charge by the landfills (EXCEPT FOR MANDATORY TAXES). If the collected waste if located in the territory belonging to JSC "Latvijas Valsts meži" ("Latvian State Forests”) or JSC „Latvijas Valsts ceļi” ("Latvian State Roads”), please, agree on transporting of this waste with each separate institution (contact information is available at www.talkas.lv, section “Contact information”). Before transporting the waste to landfills, please, contact your regional operator of landfill (contact information available here).
3. What information should I provide to Site Leaders?
· in which territories it is better to clean;
· where to leave bags with waste or where the containers will be located and when those will be collected.
4. How to distribute posters about the cleanup sites in the territory of my municipality?
· posters should be supplemented with information about cleanup sites;
· posters should be placed at the sites of public announcements;
· Site Leaders should be offered to place posters in the territories of institutions / companies they are representing;
· posters can be also ordered via e-mail.